Curs Project 2010
Curs 50413BC: Mastering Microsoft Project 2010
Module1: Introduction to Mastering Microsoft Project
- Describe how Project relates to the discipline of Project management.
- Know the significant new features of Project 2010.
- Navigate to the primary views available using the Ribbon
- Choose Views that display task, resource, or assignment information.
- Select table within views to change the information that is available to see and edit.
- Relate the features of Project to the 5 steps for building a plan in Project.
Module 2: A Quick and Easy Overview of Managing with Project
- Create a new project and prepare it for data entry.
- Enter project tasks.
- Sequence the tasks.
- Define resources.
- Estimate Task duration and assign resources.
- Baseline the project.
- Track project progress.
Module 3: Setting Up a Project
- Use multiple methods to create a new project, including opening an Excel file and a SharePoint Tasks list.
- Establish one or more calendars to constrain resource availability.
- Configure Project to calculate the schedule from the Start Date forward, or from the Finish Date backward.
Module 4: Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule
- Describe which project functions are turned off for tasks using Manually Schedule mode.
- Change the task mode from Manually Schedule to Auto Schedule and back.
- Identify tasks that are in Manually Schedule mode by the task mode column and shape on the Gantt chart.
- Describe situations that are particularly appropriate for using Manually Schedule.
- Describe the limitations that a user must be aware of when using Manually Schedule mode.
Module 5: Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Build and use summary and subordinate tasks.
- Understand and use milestones.
- Develop WBS Outlines.
- Assign completion criteria.
- Evaluate the WBS.
Module 6: Identifying Task Relationships
- Understand and use the types of task relationships.
- Understand and use various methods to create relationships.
- Determine and display task sequence.
- Understand and use lag, lead, and delay.
Module 7: Defining resources within Project
- Define individual resources that will be used on the project.
- Record the cost (s) of using each type of resource.
- Record the limit of availability for each type of resource by establishing a resource calendar and defining the maximum units of that resource.
Module 8: Making Work Package Estimates
- Enter estimates for duration and costs for each task.
- Distinguish between task types and describe when each is appropriate.
- Describe the relationship between work, units, and duration.
- Describe the way Effort Driven scheduling is affected by work, units, and duration.
- Assign tasks to resources using the Team Planner view.
Module 9: Creating an Initial Schedule
- Calculate the Schedule: The Theory Behind the Software.
- Critical Path.
- Schedule Float.
- Task Relationships and Crashing a Schedule.
- Task Inspector.
Module 10: Create a Resource Leveled Schedule
- Project Statistics.
- Resource Graph and Resource Sheet.
- Resource Usage View.
- Resource Allocation.
- Task Usage View.
- Realistic Resource Planning.
- Resource Leveling.
- Leveling Settings.
- Leveling Settings Defined – Leveling Calculations.
- Leveling Settings Defined – Resolving Over-allocations.
- The Leveling Gantt Demonstrates Results of Leveling.
- Manual Leveling.
Module 11: Managing the Project
- Tracking Field Definitions.
- Creating the Project Baseline.
- Displaying the Baseline on a Gantt Chart.
- The Tracking Gantt.
- Recording Progress Using % Complete.
- Updating Task and Resource Status.
- Recording Progress Using Actual Work.
- Percent Complete.
- Evaluating and Displaying Variance.
- Scheduling interruptions.
- Splitting tasks.
- Rescheduling Work.
Module 12: Formatting Output and Printing Reports
- Formatting the Timeline
- Formatting Gridlines
- Using the Gantt Chart Style Feature
- Format Text Styles
- Formatting Cells
- Copy Picture
- Grouping Customized Fields
- Custom Filters
- Standard Reports
- Custom Reports
- Editing a Custom Report
- Visual Reports
- Saving as another file Typ for sharing
- Exporting Data to Excel
Module 13: Managing Multiple Projects
- Integrating Multiple Projects
- Consolidating Project Files
- Resource Pools
Module 14: Advanced Topics
- Customizing WBS Prefix
- Applying Grouping & Grouping customized Fields
- Applying Filtering functions
- Leveraging Global Templates
- Identify resource delay within a Task
- Applying Deadlines to a project
Module 15: Summary
- Review all the major sections of Project